First State Bank and Trust holds security in the highest regard. All of our Internet Banking features are run over secure connections and data is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Internet Banking feature of our web site requires you to use a 128-bit encryption browser. For security reasons, we do not specify our exact security measures, but we want to make sure you feel secure when doing your banking online.
First State Bank and Trust will never ask for your password, account number or other personal information over the phone, text message or by email. We will never send unsolicited email containing attachments.
PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Phishing scams try to trick you into giving away your passwords, account numbers and other personal information. It is up to you to protect your password and account information.
- Never provide your personal information in response to an unsolicited request over the phone or email
- Never provide your password or account number in response to an unsolicited request over the phone or email
- Immediately report suspicious phone calls, emails, webpages
- FDIC Identity Theft Protection Website - an excellent resource that explains how to fight identity theft, phishing attacks, how to protect yourself and what to do if you are a victim of identity theft.
- noPhishing.org - complete information on what phishing is and how to protect your identity.
- FTC One-Stop Resource about Identity Theft - Learn how to avoid identity theft and what to do if you are a victim of identity theft.